If you are going to visit Antalya, you will definitely use a taxi. We have good news for you, the global technology platform Uber started its service in Antalya as of November 22, 2022.
There are several options for taking a taxi in Antalya, Turkey. Here are a few:
- Flag a taxi down on the street: Look for a taxi with a lit “Taxi” sign on top of the car. If the sign is lit, the taxi is available for hire. You can hail a taxi on the street by waving at the driver or standing at a designated taxi stand.
- Call a taxi: Many taxi companies in Antalya have a dispatch service that you can call to request a taxi. The dispatch service will send a taxi to your location.
- Use a taxi app: There are several taxi apps that you can use to book a ride in Antalya, such as Uber or Bolt. These apps allow you to request a ride, track the progress of your taxi, and pay for your ride electronically.
It’s important to note that all licensed taxis in Antalya are required to use a meter to calculate the fare, and the fare should be displayed on the meter at all times. Be sure to check the meter before you start your ride to ensure that it is running. If you have any concerns about the fare, you can ask the driver for an estimate before you start your trip.
Most of the taxi drivers in Antalya do not speak English, but you can communicate very easily by showing the address you are going to on the phone.
Payment is generally accepted in cash, but some taxis have the option to pay with a credit card. Taxi drivers can give your receipt after payment at any time.
Taxi drivers in Antalya take the shortest route to your destination. You won’t have any problems with this.
Taxi App in Antalya
You can order a taxi online with various taxi apps. The most well-known is BiTaksi. You can usually pay cashless in these taxis. iTaksi is also frequently used. After 22 November 2022, it started to be used in Uber in Antalya. For now, the popular transportation app Lyft is not used.
Taxi Prices in Antalya
In Antalya, the taximeter opening is 10 TL, the kilometer fee is 14 TL, and the short distance fee is 25.00 TL (Prices are as of March, 2023).
Antalya Airport to Hotel Transfer
If you’re looking for VIP transfer options from Antalya airport to the hotel transfer, there are several private transfer services available that offer luxurious and comfortable transportation. Some popular options include:
- Uber: This is a premium transfer service that offers luxury vehicles with professional drivers. You can book your transfer in advance online and choose from a range of vehicles including sedans, SUVs, and limousines.
- Antalya airport (AYT) transfers companies: This is a private transfer service that offers a VIP transfer option with luxury vehicles and professional drivers. You can book your transfer in advance online and choose from a range of vehicles including Mercedes Benz E-Class, S-Class, and V-Class.
- HAVAŞ: Transportation to many points of the city at affordable prices is provided by buses belonging to Havaş transfer company.
- Tram: You can go to the city center with the tram at Antalya airport.
All of these services provide door-to-door transfers from Antalya airport to your hotel or any other location in the city center. They also offer meet and greet services where your driver will be waiting for you at the airport arrivals hall with a personalized sign, and assist you with your luggage.